If we go back a few years back we find the great reign of television marking their own schedules without getting too into account the preferences of the viewers themselves. And a few years ago, we had one channel and if you do not like what you had emitted for more options. Then he reached internet, digital TV platforms, YouTube, smartphones with camera and video cameras. Obviously as we move very quickly to:
– The personalization of content tailored to the needs of each user
– Consolidation User “Prosumer” (which consume and produce content at the same time)
– The choice by the user of the “how” (device), “here” (site) and “now” (time) of the selected content
What is the generation c?
This is a new generation that has a different relationship with the content. The main features of this generation are:
- Users very interested in the creation, protection, connection and community around some contents
- The C generation is a state of mind and that comprise need to express themselves (67% upload photos to social networks)
- YouTube is the entertainment environment where they publish and consume video content
- These users are always connected and appreciates the relevance and originality
- Consume content from any device when you need it and not when program
- These users are the trendsetters with their interactions in social networks
Keys to consider connecting with the generation c
- Set a content strategy for YouTube: According to a study recently published, in 2017, 69% of traffic is on YouTube. Therefore, it is time to incorporate this channel as one of the regulars, such as Facebook or Twitter currently.
- Pay attention to SEO for videos: In the coming years indexing videos will improve a lot and that will mean that SEO for videos will be equally important for Google searches. Therefore, keywords, titles and tags will be important in the near future.
- Connectivity between devices: Users want to start content on the TV, continue it in the tablet and finish on the mobile for example. Therefore, the contents must be adapted to make this a reality.
- YouTube vs. TV: What we do see, and not within a lot, is how YouTube audience will advance to the main television channels. Here it will be when brands change the chip and tip over to give full attention and resources to this social network.
- YouTube more social: Gradually the feeling that YouTube is simply a place to hang the videos will go. YouTube is a social network is look at it. Has their communities, channels, comments on videos, “likes”, “dislikes” … brands should also strengthen this part to create more engagement with users.
This new generation C gives us a new reality with micro more videos, more engagement on YouTube and some users who consume the content where, when and as they wish.