The world of recommendation has evolved both in the communication channel, and in the content and attributes of the recommended content.
The Boca-Oreja (Word of Mouth) has evolved with evolution in the new 2.0 communication environment, and we can speak of an iBoca-Oreja or Word of iMouth environment.
The recommendation made by a person of trust directly has been and will be key when receiving and deciding on the proposals made by the communication plan of a company. According to Nielsen confirms in his latest study 92% of people trust and positively assess the recommendations of their direct environment, made through a channel no 2.0.
It is evident that the concept of “recommending” not only remains very valid, but has been exponentiated with the use of communication networks, giving rise to the iBoca-Ear. Now consumers receive recommendations not from known individuals, but from iPrescriptores who through; forums, blogs, fans pages (with a 36% level of confidence in content) and websides (with a 58% confidence level). This way of prescribing has a target, and an argument totally different from the basic concept, but the level of reliability and confidence will reach the same level in the medium term.
With this prescription and recommendation 2.0, the human being has evolved positively towards the confidence of others, and 70% of iTarget blindly trusts the recommendations made, with the simple objective of optimizing their resources (leisure, money, time, training, etc.). .).
What are the arguments and criteria that iPrescriptors value most when recommending a brand?
It is evident that the quality / price correlation of a product / brand has been a basic criterion in the traditional Boca-Ear recommendation, and more so now in times of crisis. We can say that the target or prescriber no 2.0, focuses a lot on quantitative criteria such as quantity and price, and less on qualitative ones. We have an example in the boom of certain white brands, which, based on the current environment, have created a positioning without an ad hoc communication plan. Eg Mercadona – Hacendado.
The iPrescriptores, however, have a content and argument, more qualitative, that goes beyond the simple correlation mentioned above. This more active target, with better training and with a more emotional and proactive mentality, flee from subjective and traditional content, and seek objective and emotional information, reduce their confidence in traditional media to the following levels; Advertising on television, magazines and newspapers has fallen in respective percentages of 24%, 20% and 25% from 2009 to 2001.
Summary. The modern prescriber has two variables that differentiates it from the previous one:
- It is not foreign to the price (and more so with the current panorama), but it has a more global vision, and needs to be convinced of the offer of a company and its products not only quantitatively; familiarity / status (corporate history, accessibility in the points of sale, variety in the offer etc,) of the company, but it also needs to be qualitatively; vitality (emotional and differential variables, related to their values)
- You need to confirm your opinion or look for that information in an environment in which you trust and actively feedback for global benefit.
What do an iPrescriptor value most in a brand / product / company?
- Have personality and own image easily differentiated, with a history linked to the consumer
- Quality and safety are its products in their products (innovation in the use of natural inputs, and practical and ecological packaging)
- They develop a strong affective bond
- Have a socially responsible behavior; ecology, and solidarity are two highly valued corporate valuations
- They take care of the quality price. It is not the most valued characteristics in iPrescriptores, but in the traditional prescribers, less informed and committed.
What is the Ranking of some of the most valued brands ?.
Coca Cola, Dodot, Danacol, Granini, KH7, Cruzcampo, Nescafe, Evax, Lindt and Tampax.
It is evident that some of being brands, by their structure and their vitality are Lovemark, and when a company reaches that level of confidence, emotion wins over reason,
and the price ceases to be the main thing. Are there any of the brands mentioned above that were distribution brands?
We confirm that iPrescriptors betting on brands, even if some brand of distribution is well valued, will never have the vitality of any of the brands mentioned above.